Being a mommie is the best job I could have ever asked for. I love it and I owe it to my own mom. Without her teaching me how to cook and take care of a family the way she did I couldn't be the mom I am today. I know she lost her mother earlier this year but I want her to know that she is loved by her daughters and appreciated by her grandkids very much. We couldn't get by without our mom and the kids couldn't get by without their Nana! We love you Mom & Nana!

My Mother's Day was fabulous! It started with a nice breakfast in bed, a tradition Lee and Ethan started our first Mother's Day as a family. The kids and Lee made me chocolate chip pancakes (which were better than mine I think), scrambled eggs, and garnished the plate with fresh strawberries! Emalie didn't understand why I was eating in bed and she couldn't eat with me so Lee brought in her little table and we all ate together in our bedroom, it was great! After breakfast we got cleaned up and went on a little road trip. We stopped at a State Park just inside the Illinois state line to check out their beach area and then drove down to Chicago's downtown to visit another park and look around. It was so much fun and relaxing. The best part is just being with the kids on such a nice, spring day. It was very relaxing. I think that baby Lucas or Elijah/Eli, whatever his name ends up being will fit very well into our family and like it here with us.
Ethan & Emalie enjoying their breakfast in our room.

Lee got me a Dooney & Burke (however you spell it) bag/purse. It is pink, I love it! It's huge though so it will be a purse/diaper bag for short outings.
Emalie thought another new bag was a great thing!!!
This is the beach area (it was ok) at the state park we stopped by.
Daddie trying to teach Ethan how to skip rocks.

The belly can't get any bigger can it???
Emalie copies everything her brother does - it's kind of cute.
The kids goofing off while we had a small picnic before heading downtown.
These pics (above and below) were taken at Lincoln Park. It is an awesome park that will be included in our day trip to Chicago this summer.
Nana & Mommie are dying to take Emalie to the American Girl Store!
The stadium where the Bears play - looks more like a flying saucer.
On the way back towards Wisconsin Ethan started yelling "fire...fire" so Lee pulled across traffic to let Ethan check this fire out at an apartment building near the interstate. We pulled into a school parking lot and watched, he is so obsessed with firetrucks and fires. Between Lee & I I'm not sure where he gets it - ha! It was a huge fire - fortunately there was a fire wall and it was contained to one section of the building. But I feel for those that are misplaced from their homes.
1 comment:
Looks like you had a really fun day! I am glad to hear it! And, yes, unfortunately, the belly does get bigger. I have been feeling that way for about two weeks now, and I am still getting bigger. It will be over soon, though, for both of us!
Post a Comment