Paisley Background

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby Johnson Being Bad!

Well I went to the doctor today. After 2 hours Emalie and I got to finally leave. I am still 1cm dialated but not thinning. The doctor started feeling around on my belly and commented "his head is gone," I replied with "what do you mean his head is gone???" She said "I don't believe he's head down any more." I was getting a little worried. She got out this (very neat) portable ultrasound machine and stuck it on my belly..."yep, he's sideways," she said. His head is on my left side and his feet are across my belly towards the right. SO....she put some gel on my belly and started trying to turn him back to head down, she did so pretty easily and noticed on the ultrasound that he's pretty small (which is nothing new for me). She wanted to monitor me for a while to ensure that he is ok and wasn't under any stress from moving him. By the time we got to the other room to do the monitoring he had moved back sideways! UG! Bad boy!!! He's getting a spankin when he comes out! I was on the monitor for about an hour and he was very quiet. They made me drink some juice and he moved a bit and his heart rate did what it was supposed to do, all the while I was still having contractions. The diagnosis: I have to avoid going into labor. If I was to go into active labor right now I would have to have a c-section (which I do not want!). Since he is measuring a bit small she would like him to wait 2 more weeks. On June 8th I am being induced (unless I go into labor or my water breaks before then). She will try to turn him (unless he goes head down like a good boy before then) and then start me on pitocin immediately to get him heading in the right direction. She said she will do everything to help me avoid a c-section. Restricted activity is what she put me on, she said it's not bed rest but she does not want me lifting or having lots of activity, and no traveling. Good thing the 500 is over! So I should be able to update the blog consistantly! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I will post all our pic's from this weekend later or tomorrow.

No comments: