Paisley Background

Friday, August 21, 2009

Crutches for me...

Well I had a great week visiting at home with everyone. Saw some friends (never enough) that I hadn't seen for awhile. Then Sunday morning we were preparing to go home. Lee was mowing the grass at our "still not sold" house and mom was at the grocery. The kids & I were at my parents with my dad. He was working in the yard and asked me to come look at something. I stepped up on the landscaping blocks that he has to look around the corner and Emalie began yelling out like she was falling or something. I went to step off the block to check on her and when my foot touched the grass it bent sideways and made a LOUD POP! I instantly fell to the ground and began crying (WOW it hurt!). My dad came rushing over and bent down...the only thing I kept saying was "don't touch it I think it's broken." He was a little panicked. He called Lee and mom and the neighbor rushed over with her husband to try to get me off the ground and at least sitting up. Dad & Lee took me to the ER (which I have to say Kudo's to Community South ER - they were EXTREMELY prompt and great to work with!). GOOD NEW'S: Not broken...BAD NEWS: Severe sprain (probably better to have broken it), crutches, and a REALLY sore ankle/leg. SO that is how I ended up on crutches. Since Ethan still had another week to be in Indiana for summer I couldn't go home and take care of the kids while Lee was at work with being on crutches so now I have spent a 2nd week in Indiana. Although I did get to hang out with my sister, neice, & nephew alot since my mom had to work so that was wonderful. I felt like a kid...mom would drop me off on her way to work (my babysitter) and come get us after work. I'm doing better today and am anxious to get home so I can post the rest of our vacation pic's, as well as the pic's I've taken here in Indiana the last 2 weeks. A quick update on kids: Ethan is good, growing like a weed. Emalie is onery as ever, after Papaw taught her how to say bullsh** she says it way too much!!! And last but certainly not least, Lucas is doing well...growing everyday and has now become a thumb-sucker! I don't really care for that but it's quite cute!!!! Will post soon!!!

No comments: