Paisley Background

Friday, July 23, 2010

BIG BUGS!

One thing I learned really quickly when we moved here was that the bugs are WAY bigger here!  Everything!  The palmetto bugs ('crunchy bugs' as I call them) are part of the cockroach family I'm told, but are not as gross...well I think they are just as gross!  I would rather have spider's in the house.  We don't have alot...but having the woods behind us means we have more than some people since they live in tree's.  We find most of them in Lee & I's bathroom...so I hate getting up in the middle of the night!  I have a huge fear I'm going to step on one in the dark!  UG!  Here is one that Emalie & I found in the bathroom when we went to clean this afternoon. 

By the way...this crunchy bug died in the shower shortly after the picture was taken.  We shot it with my water bottle to get it off the wall and down from the ceiling so I could reach it...when the water bottle was empty we took Lee's flip flop and smashed it...then left it in the bottom of the shower because there was NO WAY I was touching it!  So when Lee came home I told him there was a critter waiting for him in the shower.  Thank goodness for husband's!  Nope...the shower didn't get cleaned that day!  :)

No comments: