Paisley Background

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Homemade Laundry Soap

We found a recipe/directions for Homemade Laundry Soap.  Now as many of you know I have 3 kids' clothes, a husbands, mine, and that doesn't count the sheets, towels, and anything else around the house that has to be washed.  So I am usually doing 2 loads of laundry a day, somtimes 3.  You don't have to have a degree in math to know that add's up to alot of detergent so when I saw this I thought, why not give it a try.  We wanted it to be a science experiment for Ethan, but it didn't work out quite the way I thought it would (I ran out of other soap before he got back from Indiana).  So we made it...it was SOOO EASY!  Lee figured it up, we made about 5 gallons for around $2.  Now when you take your commercial container that you already have on hand and fill it 1/2 full of the concentrated soap you made you fill the rest with water...so the 5 gallons will last.....well a very long time!  There are no dye's or perfumes so the kids' skin should be fine, we have dry skin in our family so I was a little concerned at first but have been using the free & clear stuff for a while now so I thought what's the difference?  It smells nice and fresh, but I feel like the clean scent comes from the fabric softener anyways...here's our project:

Emalie liked shredding up the bar of soap
It melted fairly quickly - just keep stirring
Just keep mixing...adding the powder's...and mixing...


1 comment:

Nita said...

Where did you find the recipe? I would like to try it. Does it rinse out pretty good?