We have so much to be THANKFUL for this year! We are about to celebrate our 1st full year of living in the south! It has been an absolutely wonderful year! We go the chance to travel many places and see many, many beaches from Wrightsville Beach (our favorite) in North Carolina all the way down the east coast all the way to Cape Canaveral in Florida! I have had the opportunity to homeschool the kids and give them not only academic lessons but life lessons that they would have not learned if in regular school. I also have had the opportunity to continue being with my baby boy Lucas! He is growing so much and becoming such a wonderful little boy. I just have so much to be thankful for I was even more thankful to have my sister & her family along with my parents down to our house for Thanksgiving. This was the first time Thanksgiving dinner would be cooked in my house and I was a nervous wreck! I tried to make all the good things that mom usually has but only have the one oven and not alot of experience it was difficult to make it as wonderful as mom has always done it the past years. It was a glorious day outside, we all had on shorts and short-sleeved shirts! You can't beat that for Thanksgiving Day!
Last minute change of plans was to deep fry a turkey, so the turkey had to thaw in my big bathtub!
I'm sure he was nice and relaxed. Ammie was transporting it to the kitchen in such a loving way!!! HA!
DJ did the honor of preparing the turkey since it grossed Ammie & I out!
Don't you LOVE his apron!?
I made some yummy favorites!
Green bean casserole & Sweet Potato Casserole.
Just the way Papaw always does it...stays out of the kitchen!
But he looks quite relaxed.
The boys preparing the fryer.
This just looks dangerous!
Are they discussing football or whether or not they are doing this correctly?!
Ammie thought staying inside with the little one's was probably safer.
Here we go...
Papaw doing the honor of cutting the meat for us...as usual.
I had the idea of rolling the silverware with some decorative stuff...mom helped.
I think he's ready to eat!
My little Cupcake!
Our new table (all opened up) works perfectly for our dinner!
Lee took this picture and I thought it was really neat!
Good Job Honey!
Can you tell this is where we do school work?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment