Paisley Background

Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day in Minnesota

Last year we were back at the beach for Labor Day. This year we decided to take advantage of our northern location and go visit Minnesota so we could cross it off our list of states that we've visited. Of course we went to The Mall of America, as well as visited a couple other things around the Twin Cities. Lee & Ethan wanted to see where the Twins played baseball and we visited a park that houses a very neat, old carousel. It was a fun trip and are glad we went (to those of you wondering: the mall is really neat and HUGE (it's "Vegas big") but in the end is just a mall...I recommend going to see it though). We even liked Minneapolis-St. Paul better than Milwaukee, but NO WAY are we moving there!!! Ethan wanted to know if it was going to snow while we were there and he swears we were probably only a few miles from Santa's workshop!
The kids first view of the mall
Lucas looks really excited doesn't he? Emalie's favorite store: The American Girl Doll Store We didn't eat here but the kids loved going in the store We didn't do the Shark exhibit but they loved this thing Our 5th visit to Bubba Gumps! (Lee & I have been to Miami, Charleston, Chicago, Honolulu, & Santa Monica - the last one wasn't open yet but we were there!) Ethan's favorite store: Legoland Boy stuff...Star Wars & legos! Ethan loves trains so this was really neat to him Kokomo's Island Cafe, this was a tropical place we ate at
We took this picture for DJ. I went to a table (yes, I really did) and asked if I could take a picture of thier gigantic beer thing. They laughed and said sure! I told them I had a brother-in-law that loved beer and would totally love seeing something like this! SO...DJ here you go...it held over 100 oz of beer and had it's own little tap!
Still at Kokomo's...just looking around at the decor...it was very beachy!
Ethan & I getting ready to enjoy a ride on the swings
Daddie & Emalie enjoying the Dora train
Mommie & Emalie enjoying the Dora bus
Ethan rode this roller coaster
Just a shot of the amusement park inside the mall
We went to Como park to see a very old carousel that was built for the Minnesota State Fair back in 1914. It's been through alot in it's life. The horses were hand-carved and painted by German immigrants, it was beautiful! The kids enjoyed the nice, long ride too! I thought about taking Lucas, but the lady said it was fast so I thought I better not. It was a good thing too because Emalie was a little scared.

1 comment:

The Pierce Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We wanted to go up there while we lived there, but did not get the chance! Hopefully we will make it up there someday!