Paisley Background

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hanging out at Nana's...

Living at Nana's was supposed to be fun and games! Unfortunately it wasn't all that fun the first couple weeks. When Nana & Papaw came back from Cancun my grandmother had been admitted into the hospital because of her cancer. She was really bad and we weren't sure how long she had left. So we spent the whole day Sunday at the hospital, but I have to say my kids were so well-behaved and I was so proud of them. Lee had to leave earlier than normal because there was a snowstorm up north he was going to have to drive through. Mom ended up staying all night at the hospital with Jana & Aunt Lisa. So I went back the next morning with Emalie while Ethan was in school to sit with her and grandpa. Grandma was hanging in there. They had her on alot of pain medicine so I don't think she was in any pain and she responded to us talking to her so I know she was there. I kept telling her that I was going to find out what the baby was this coming week so we would let her know. I hate seeing her lay there like that. They had to move her to a nursing home on Monday - but the nurses are awesome and she will do ok. I think she is comfortable and we will go see her everyday. When we weren't at the hospital or nursing home the kids did a nice job of playing together and not getting on Papaws nerves too much.
Emalie thought the baby needed some toys to play with so she laid these toys across my belly one afternoon.

No comments: