Paisley Background

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Gingerbread House that Never Was...

We made a Gingerbread House last year with the kids as part of a new holiday tradition so of course we wanted to do it again this year.  We got Lucas in bed (because we weren't sure he would be a big help with it) and got started.  Here is how it went...it's just better to tell you in pictures...

Ethan was in charge of the camera until mommie & daddie could get the structure up...
 Going pretty well...
(Wow, I'm going to get wrinkles if I don't quite frowning like that!)


 After waiting the time the directions said to so the base could dry we let go...
then the roof slide down...so both Lee & I held the house together for 10 minutes.
 "Is it ok to let go?"

 "I don't think so..."
 "I think I might just eat the candy if they don't hurry up."
And she did too!
 Apparently he was feeling left out of the pictures.
 Still sliding....we'll try a few decorations...
 And that was all it took.
Sorry Target...we won't be purchasing your Gingerbread House kit any more!

No comments: